Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Sunday, May 23, 2010

May Wedding - Minneapolis Wedding Photographer



You first met Jaren and Alyssa when I did their engagement session early this year (brrrr).




We had some great images at Mill Ruins Park (historical flour mill building ruins on the banks of the Mississippi), and I've been looking forward to their renewal ceremony ever since.



To refresh your memory, Jaren just finished serving in the U.S. Army.



He did a tour in Iraq, and while there began planning a trip home to see his fiance and family. At the almost last minute, he called Alyssa and suggested they get married while he was home. With less than two weeks to plan, Alyssa said "you bet" and got busy. They had a beautiful, intimate ceremony in her parent's back yard.

Shortly thereafter, Jaren left to return to duty, leaving a new wife behind. It was tough, but they made it through it, and decided to plan a celebration of their marriage that everyone could participate in, which is how we connected.

Fast forward to today.

It's amazing to me, after all this time, while many elements of weddings are so similar, each one is so very, very different.






This celebration was atypical in that it was on a Sunday, and I found it to be delightful. I think because this was a renewal of sorts, everyone was relaxed and enjoying the day, and it was lovely!



Honestly, I think I cried more at this wedding than I ever have before, and that is saying something! To get the feel of this couple and their special day, hear Jaren's vows...

My Vows to Alyssa (heart)

Alyssa, you are my love and my best friend. I stand here before our closest family and friends with the utmost humility. I am by no means a perfect man, although you once said I was. But what I am is a man of God, and I proclaim before God that I will always be faithful, I will always cherish and honor you, always care for you, always try to lift you up when you are down.



Above all else, I will love you as God intended me to love you. Unconditionally, unchanging and forever. You are beautiful, and I look forward to spending our lives together.

















Here was a little cutie at the reception that I just couldn't resist!





No comments: