Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

MEP Intern Photo of the Week - Week #2 | Maris Ehlers Photography

Good morning!
This is Courtney, back again with week two of my photo of the week postings.
Although I am fascinated with people I see everyday, I’m not what one would call a “street photographer.” I’m usually too nervous to ask people out in public if I can take their picture, but this week, I snuck one in.
Culture, trends, and the social aspects of human nature are so interesting to me. When I’m out and about, I always catch myself thinking, where are they going? Why? I wonder what is causing them to be here at this place at the same time as me. Who do they love? What’s causing them pain? I’m also not one to normally ask questions that I don’t have answers to, but for some reason, in these kind of instances I do, and that draws me to want to document them, photograph them.
Well, in any case, in Buffalo this week (which began this previous Sunday the 12th) is their city celebration: “Buffalo Days.” Every year, they kick that off with a Fly-In and pancake breakfast at the city’s municipal airport. This year featured decent weather, a classic car show, and fed pancakes to over 1,000 people.
When there is 1,000 people in one location, it’s nearly impossible to not find and see interesting people. This older gentleman was one of my favorites from the day.

The Secret's In the Boots
This man may be having difficulty with the camera he’s fiddling with, but he’s no joker when it comes to his boots. Why did he buy them? Where did he find them? Are they his “out on the town” boots? One article of clothing has my mind jumping all over.
I love that it’s such a bold statement for a man that could’ve easily blended into the background at this event. He rocked them :)


To see my complete Daily Photo Diary, go to:


https://www.facebook.com/CapturedByCourtneyPhotography

No comments: