Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Monday, June 6, 2011

Summer Sun Engagement Photo Session | Maris Ehlers Photography

Engagement sessions are some of my most favorite sessions to photograph, for several reasons.

It's a great opportunity for me to get to know the bride and groom (and vice versa) before their big day.  They learn a little bit about what is expected of them and I learn how they photograph, interact, and what they are and are not comfortable with in terms of having their pictures taken.  For most grooms, they are uncomfortable being in front of the camera... period.  So it's a nice chance for them to walk away afterwards with the feeling of "well, that wasn't so bad... maybe even kind of fun."

Last night's session was so relaxed.  The weather was perfect, and the bride and groom both so easy going.



She had a fun dress and red shoes she wanted to wear, and I thought it was the perfect look for the dilapidated building we used as a backdrop.





She had been in a wedding the night before, and so brought her bridesmaid bouquet, which I thought was perfect!










Since we were by an abandoned building, when it came time to take a few shots of the ring, I thought this old rusted out spray can was kind of interesting.  The same goes for the rusty mailbox.  I was going to open it up, but was scared of what might actually jump out at me so I played it safe and kept it on top.

You can see in these shots how warm the evening light was getting.  So romantic!

Share the love, share this post. 

No comments: