Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Why It's Important to Choose Your Senior High School Portrait Photographer Well | Maris Ehlers Photography

As a high school student of 2012 here in the Twin Cities (or a parent of one), you have many options available to you when it comes to hiring a photographer for your senior pictures.











The choices range from the amateur enthusiast who will give you a great deal, all the way to the elaborate studio who creates great images.  One is likely to give you a disc of images and then you're on your own.  On the high end, "everyone" goes there, and the prices reflect that they have a lot of overhead to pay for.





Where do I fit in that mix?  That's hard to say, but I think my clients would tell you that I create a unique experience for each senior I photograph.  I try to get to know you a bit, what you like and what you don't, what you want from your portrait session and also what parents and grandparents expect as well.





I'm not the cheapest photographer out there and I'm certainly not the most expensive.   Everything I do is custom.  There is no "one size fits all" when it comes to high school senior pictures, and so I try to accommodate the budget, time and interest of each of my clients.




I have a marketing degree, have worked in the food industry for over seventeen years, and have managed portfolios and accounts worth over $100 million dollars.  So when I say I have modified my life to include a career in photography, I can honestly I did it because it is my passion, my true calling and I love every single minute of it!







I am a member of PPA (Professional Photographers of America), which is the leading professional and educational resource for photographers in the US, and ensures that I adhere to the highest ethical standards of the industry.  It also means that I am continuing to invest in my business (and your images) by keeping up on new trends, ideas, opportunities and issues in the professional photography world. 




I use Canon professional equipment, carry full liability insurance, and my path of educating other photographers is growing every day.




I currently operate with very low overhead, which means better prices for the type of work I produce for you!  I have a part-time assistant and an intern.  The three of us work together to plan and execute each and every session we shoot.



I am professionally trained in photo editing, and all images purchased have been edited as such.




After the session is over, our relationship will continue to develop.  After we post images on facebook for viewing, blog about your session and share the highlights with you, we will set up an appointment to review your images and help you pick the BEST images for the sizes and shapes that you need.  Simply being handed a disk with over a hundred images, or seeing those images online can be very overwhelming.  Our goal is to make the entire process as simple and easy as possible by helping you every step of the way.




We offer free shipping of most products to our studio (albums excluded), and try to turn around orders as quickly as possible.  Sometimes things take longer due to workloads and time of year, but we do our very best to let you know how long orders will take.








Sessions with Maris Ehlers Photography start at $100, and we offer a wide array of prints, albums, wraps, collages and gifts.  We also custom design senior open house invites.


We have eight (8) senior sessions left throughout July and August if you are interested in booking one.  You can reach us by filling out the contact form on facebook or the contact us tab on our website.


We look forward to meeting you and helping you create high school senior pictures that are as unique and wonderful as you are!


Cheers,


Maris, Angel and Courtney

No comments: