Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Never Grow Up - Children's Photography | Maris Ehlers Photography

The back to school mini sessions were a great way to spend a summer Friday.  Thanks to all of you who participated, and thanks to Angel and Katie for their prop wizardry skills.  :)  


Parents, your slide shows and package info will be posting soon.  If you want to take a look at the video reel, here it is: 





I get all teary-eyed every time I watch it.   

It's funny, because it wasn't until this past week that I think my kids truly hit the wall and are ready to go back to school.  Or maybe they've been ready for a while and I finally hit that same wall and am ready for them to go back.  Not sure, exactly.  I do know that they are sick of being each other's main playmate, and seem to be bickering, squabbling and just not getting along more than usual.  And that's really saying something!  



Yesterday, we had the gray spray paint incident, and surprisingly enough, I didn't even really lose my cool.  Why?  I think I'm so far past that right now (getting upset about some of their antics didn't seem to work anyway), and honestly, the real reason is because I probably would have done the same thing at their age.  No, I know I would have.  I do recall playing in a bag of cement in the back of my dad's pickup truck that did not go over well.  

There are days when it is hard to remember that if kids knew how to act all proper and adult-like all the time, it would probably mean that they were, well, an adult.  They aren't.  They are kids, filled with curiosity, impulses, and a desire to play and explore.  Consequences aren't really at the front of their radar screen.  Sometimes adults don't act all that adult like, so how can we expect that of our children at all times? 

I guess that means gray spray painted toes (and shoes) for the last few days of summer, or maybe it means an extra glass of wine after dinner for mom with a prayer for more patience.  I don't know.  

I do know though, when I take a moment to look at a picture of my children, or hold them on my lap to snuggle, I realize how fast it all is going.  How big they are getting, how grown up they are becoming in their own ways.  And while I want to see and explore every new tooth, new idea, next step, new year with them, I truly do wish I could dig my heels in, stop time and have them "never grow up".  

I hope you all have had a wonderful summer and are ready for a fantastic school year of new experiences and growth.  

Cheers! 


2 comments:

English Worksheets said...

Lovely picture and nice photography!!!

English Worksheets

Groupdmt said...

its really very nice and beautiful photography....
edicion imagen