Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Friday, March 2, 2012

30 Pictures in 30 Days - Day 19

For Day 19, the theme is RAINBOWS OF COLOR.  There's a trick, though.  You can't actually submit a photograph of a rainbow!  It has to be either a rainbow made out of something else, or simply a profusion of different colors.

Think outside the box and impress me!

This is my attempt.  I tried so hard to get every color represented with fruit.  I managed red (raspberries), orange (kumquats), yellow (pineapple), green (limes), blue (blueberries), indigo (blackberries), and violet (ok, I struck out here, so I used a pinkish yogurt as a dip).

In this first series, I love the raspberries, but because the pineapple chunks are too high, I lose everything else.

I'm playing with this at the studio today, otherwise I would use other dishes at home.  So, I'm sort of stuck with this.






Here is my second plan.  I really wish I had a different dish, but short of having Angel hold the fruit with her bare hands, I think this is it.

I may play around with this a bit more at home over the weekend.  I'm excited to have my kids try the kumquats.

Update:

Well, Hunter ate all of the kumquats, so now I've moved on to crayons.  This used on camera flash.  I wish we had a new box of crayons.  These are pretty scruffy looking, but well-used!




No comments: