Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Maris, if we were to buy a digital SLR for home use (kids activities etc.) what would you recommend?? Thanks

Hi, there:

That's a really difficult question to answer without knowing your budget, what functionality and features are important to you and if you have a "brand" that you prefer.

Since I am strictly a Canon user, I'd be likely to steer you to the new Canon EOS Rebel T2i (550D)which was just released this year, mostly because it's a lot of camera for your money and has a lot of cool features.

Having said that, you really need to go to a store, look at a variety of them side by side, see which ones you like the feel of, compare features AND prices.

I've included the link to a great article about buying a Digital DSLR. The writer gives you several different categories to compare cameras: price, by brand, by photography style, etc., etc. I'd read it, print it and then take it to the store with me to physically look at them.

http://www.digital-slr-guide.com/what-is-the-best-digital-slr.html

Good luck! Let me know what you end up purchasing!

Ask me anything

No comments: