Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Family Photos at the Local Carnival in Delano, Minnesota | Maris Ehlers Photography

Yesterday was a session with my sister-in-law and niece and nephews.  It was a lot of fun, although EXTREMELY hot and windy, and to make matters more complicated we took them to a carnival in Delano, MN, for the session.  You can imagine, they were SLIGHTLY more interested in games and rides than in smiling nice for the camera.  :)  However, they pulled it off!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We used a mural from one of the rides as our backdrop for this series, and it worked great! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

If I don't remember to say that it was SUPER HOT, humid and muggy out when we took these, my SIL won't ever forgive me. Ha Ha!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here's my oldest nephew, Ethan.  On the day Ethan turned one, I took my first black and white photo (many, actually) and my love of photography was born!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And then there is sweet Grant...



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And here's little Elise, who isn't so little anymore!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Their beautiful mom Steph, of course!



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I wanted to take some evening pictures of them with the lights of the carnival in the background, but it was just too darn hot and muggy, so we ended up coming home early.  However, I made them make one last stop... at a railroad track, and here are a few of my favorites laid out as one of the products I offer called a "GRAND" (5 photo series printed as one image - it requires no mat for framing - the image size is actually 30 x 15, and they look great!).

We had fun pulling the colors together - you'll hear more about this in a few weeks!  
Image and video hosting by TinyPic




1 comment:

Digital Flower Pictures said...

I love the third picture with the kids in the background.