Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

For Japan With Love | Maris Ehlers Photography


I am lucky.  I do what I do because I love it, and for no other reason.  I am also lucky, because you, my clients, graciously bring me your children, your parents, your siblings, your fiances, your brides, your grooms.  YOU allow ME to do THIS.  I am lucky, indeed.  


I never want to take that for granted.  I never want the price of a print to become more than my love of the feel of a camera in my hands, more than the joy of capturing a look or a moment.  I never want to take for granted how lucky I am. 

In times like these, the world is holding a lot of hurt.  Things we couldn't imagine yesterday we see today, and we are reminded how lucky we are to live where we do.  Enjoying freedoms others don't, safety others need.  We realize how unlucky entire populations can be, and we feel helpless.  

But there is something I can do.  I can use my abilities, such as they are, to do something very simple: help.  

My hope is that you, my wonderful clients, will join me.  

Maris Ehlers Photography proudly announces our participation in For Japan With Love.  

Here is what we will be doing: 

1.  We will be donating the proceeds from EVERY single Spring Mini-Session for Kids on Friday, April 1st and Monday, April 4th (those already booked and those not yet booked) to ShelterBox via For Japan With Love



ShelterBox was one of THE first organizations asked by Japan to help and were on hand on the Saturday after the quake.  Each large, green ShelterBox is tailored to a disaster but typically contains a disaster relief tent for an extended family of up to 10 people, blankets, water storage and purification equipment, cooking utensils, a stove, a basic tool kit, a children’s activity pack and other vital items. 

Our goal?  To purchase at least one complete ShelterBox, which is $1,000.  If you book a Spring Mini-Session, you will still get the deliverable of your choice:  3 mini albums, one disc with 5 professionally edited images on it, or one 10 x 20 custom collage.  

Additionally, I will be participating in the For Japan With Love's Blogger's Day of Silence.  The aim is to simply raise awareness and respect and acknowledge the devastation going on in Japan.  Before then, however, I will be blogging, posting and tweeting about For Japan With Love relentlessly.  

If you would like to contribute to ShelterBox, but can't make the session date, that's OK.  Please go ahead and make a donation, or send one to me earmarked specifically for ShelterBox and I'll make it for you!  They thankfully accept donations in any amount.  So even if you can't participate in the Spring Mini-Sessions, please check it out and whatever you can contribute will be so appreciated.

If you'd like to book a Spring Mini Session and want to get the tax credit for your donation to ShelterBox, simply make a $150 donation to ShelterBox and email me the receipt.  The donation MUST be made between 3/16/11 and 3/26/11, and you MUST forward me a formal receipt.  No exceptions can be made!!!!  
---

If you are a blogger and are reading this, please feel to join me and many other bloggers who want to help. If you'd like to join in, please leave a comment with your blog name and a link to your post, too.  

PLEASE SHARE THIS POST ON YOUR PAGE BY CLICKING THE LINK(S) BELOW THIS POST FOR FACEBOOK, TWITTER, ETC.  THANK YOU! 

No comments: