Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

It's my birthday next weekend & want a new camera. I have a point & shoot digital camera that's about 5 years old & is extremely slow. What do you recommend? I'll be photographing 2 busy little boys for the most part. Budget is abt $500.

Oh, Man! I haven't checked this account forever! I'm sure your birthday has been and gone, but here's my answer anyway!

I'm a Canon Girl. I'd recommend the Canon G10, which is often called a "baby DSLR". It has some advanced point and shoot features that are super nice! Not exactly sure of price though, right now. Otherwise, the Olympus xz1 gets good reviews and it is right around $500.

Ask me anything

1 comment:

The Willits Family said...

I have been eying this one for a while
http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Coolpix-P7000-Digital-Zoom-Nikkor/dp/B00427ZLRO/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1304565099&sr=8-20