Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

MEP Intern Photo of the Week - Week #7 | Maris Ehlers Photography

Two words: Sleeping baby.





I've tried my best to shake things up each week, and to not be repetitive with my shooting. Not all landscape, animals, or the same subject matter... 

You know, to keep things interesting.

So, this week I bring you a posed image (there's the "new" I was talking about) of one of the most adorable babies ever (for me, also a new subject matter).

Let me know what you think!

As always, go to CBCP for my entire photo diary!

And please, for my sake, don't melt this week. Try to stay cool.

1 comment:

Maris said...

This image probably is my least favorite of your photos of the week. There is a lot going on here, but the problem isn't how much is happening, it's that there's no focal point. It's all just sort of there. Further, the baby is at an odd angle and looks like he/she might be smashing his face into the blankets. Plus, it looks a little unsafe.

You should always have a spotter with a baby, newborn or not, and remember that with momentum (say a sneeze or a cry), even a newborn can "flop" or roll over... with disastrous results!

I would have loved to have seen this image simplified. No milk jugs, no flowers, maybe even no basket. Just a baby on the bench with the boots below.

Thoughts?