Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Friday, August 5, 2011

The Guy Behind the Mask - Maple Grove Hockey Goalie Senior Pictures | Maris Ehlers Photography

If you saw the Maple Grove Hockey Team photos, then you saw some of my favorites of goalie Kyle Koop.




While those images certainly were dramatic and cool, we had to include a session in "street clothes".










Kyle and his mom both wanted pictures that were more traditional in style, and so that's what we set out to do.  Kyle's only requirement was that he have some pictures with his truck.




As we started to shoot these first pictures, I asked about his truck.  He told me it had once belonged to his dad, but is now his and he enjoys fixing it up. 





Kyle's dad lost his battle to cancer when Kyle was in 4th grade.  His ownership and maintenance of this truck perhaps has more significance than most.  





To me, the interesting things was that once Kyle got in his truck, he immediately became more relaxed.  It was a visible transition and I think reflected in his images.  I could just tell that it is a connection for him.  



I am so glad he asked to have some pictures taken with this truck.  These pictures, even maybe more than the hockey images, are him.  As we say, everyone has a story. Sometimes you just have to ask to find it.

No comments: