Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Darryl and Julia's Love Story - Part 3


Everyone has a story.  It really is quite true, and discovering those stories are one of the things I love most about what I do. 


Today, Darryl is sharing bits and pieces of his story with us.  It's the story of true love, parenthood and the gift of second chances in life.  


If you haven't read the first two segments of this story, you can find the links below.  


Darryl and Julia's Love Story Part I



We start off the final segment of Darryl and Julia's love story with some love letters from Darryl to his girls.  We thought you reading the originals would be better than my paraphrasing them.
Darryl's love letter to his wife, Julia. 




Darryl's letter to his darling daughter Harper.


We pick up from Part II with the question, "What was it like when you saw Harper for the first time?" 

The first time I saw her, it was relief!  Relief that she was healthy and that Julia was healthy, too.

The first time I held her and she looked into my eyes, my heart literally sunk with love. I couldn’t believe that she was mine and that I had a child!


I managed to hold it together in the operating room, but once I wheeled her out on my way to the nursery and I saw our family, I just started to cry with excitement as I tried to introduce her.  And I mean I cried like a baby! People couldn’t even understand me talking.  So embarrassing and wonderful.

What do you want most for Harper’s life?

For her to be happy and healthy. For her to understand the importance of hard work…working for something and not giving up and learning right from wrong.  If she learns both of these lessons, I think she will find happiness. 
And to know her mother and I will be there to cheer her on.  Always.  





We decided the best way to tell the complete story was to take some casual photos of Darryl and Harper for the final part of Julia's gift for Valentine's Day.  Here they are.  




Darryl and Harper reading.


I love this sweet smile! 


Snuggled up with Dad.









My favorite shot from the day.


Lunch time!





Darryl, thank you for trusting me to tell your story.  Julia, I hope you have enjoyed your surprise. 

Happy Valentine's Day, Everyone! 

No comments: