Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Family Portraits and Two Year Olds Don't Mix | Maris Ehlers Photography

Today I photographed an extended family, and there were 11 people in total, with 5 grandchildren ranging from 1 to 19 or so (sorry, Lexi).

It was WAYYYYY too windy, and we had a toddler who really wasn't interested in what I had to offer.  So just in case you think photographing families is easy, take a look at these.  Oh, and this was only about 1/2 way into the session.

I was able to get a few in this series once I just started talking to her and had everyone else kind of back up and quit talking to her.  Trust me - when a toddler is cranky and 3-5 people are all telling her what to do, she will listen to no one! 
On this one above, all we had to do was to ask her if she wanted to get up on the wall like the big kids, and she went right up.  Well, that and her mom gave her a color-coordinated sucker that pretty much matched her sister's bright shoes.  :) 




1 comment:

Shalon Estrada said...

I totally love the little girl throwing a fit! I love the behind the scene shots that no one sees. Great work:)