Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Summer Intern at MEP Joins the MEP Blog - Day 1 | Maris Ehlers Photography

MEP is excited to have the addition of Courtney Johnson to our team this summer.  Courtney just completed her sophomore year at MSU (majoring in... drumroll please... photography!).  Anyway, she is doing an internship for credit with us, and we couldn't be happier!  We got to know Courtney last year first through some amazing entries into our photo contests, which led to a "Hey, can I tag along on a shoot or two", which then led to more collaboration and now an internship. 


Courtney is going to be sharing some things with you over the summer that she is learning.  I hope you will all take a moment of your time and encourage her along the way.  


She is going to rock it!  




Summer Photo Journal Number 1


Stick with me while I geek out, okay? Promise? Ok good.

I got a new journal today. BRAND new. I went to Target, and probably was there for 30 minutes just looking at their half-aisle of journals. I would pick one up, reject it, pick up another, then look at the one I just put down. It was silly. I finally picked this one, and I get giddy every time I look at it, or think about writing in it. A collection of thoughts, questions, and life in one little book. It's so stimulating! I've been wanting to get one for a while, and then Maris suggested getting one for our internship. A place to keep notes, summaries, and a place to write down what I learn. What a smart lady, huh? ;)




In a nutshell, I suppose I'm most excited to see what comes of it. There's so much potential in this little book of paper and lines. So simple, yet personal. AHH it going to be wonderful :)

No comments: